Yes, I still..
- get tired
- am much of a home-body
- work part time, although this is slowly increasing and I'm pushing it to the limits
- don't drink (a hangover after half a glass of wine really doesn't make it worth it)
- need naps during the day, although these have gone from 5 days a week napping to around 2 - 3
- get driven crazy with fatigue and migraines on a 4-weekly basis thanks to Zolodex
- am on Arimidex, which is a heck of a lot better for me than Tamoxifen was
- am exercising - running - perhaps not as much as before but at least once a week
- am going to do the 2012 Mothers' Day Classic
- am not sure if it's Mothers' (collective) or Mother's (singular). I am veering towards collective.
2012 also marks the half-way mark of my 5-year treatment plan, half-way through Zolodex+Arimidex. I can distinctly remember the half-way mark of chemo: 3 sessions down and 3 to go. Now it's 2.5 years down and 2.5 to go. I am very much looking forward to being off the drugs, but anxious about it too. On the odd day when I forget to take my Arimidex, I get that glimmer of exuberance and energy levels that my body is capable of; it's not until the next day when I see the pill still in its packet that I realise the reason for my temporary new-found but soon-lost surge of vitality. At least it's there - waiting to be captured in its full essence in 2014/15.
So, bring on 2012 and let the countdown continue.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!