Discovering my 'new normal' after breast cancer diagnosis at 34.

22 March 2011

How to: tie a headscarf


One thing I struggled with when first confronted with being bald, was not only what to wear on my head (for comfort and protection) but also how to wear it.

I loved wearing a scarf but wearing one on a bald head is totally different from wearing one on top of hair. Without hair, you lack bulk and springiness. I felt exposed at the back of my head/neck and just above my ears, where hair would usually poke through.

Here are a few practical shots of how to wear a headscarf to help minimise your uneasiness with this new and unusual situation:




Do/Did you have a favourite scarf or hat?

What would you wear if you were suddenly confronted with being bald?


No comments:

Post a Comment