Discovering my 'new normal' after breast cancer diagnosis at 34.

25 April 2011

Mother's Day Classic 2011: Training

Every Sunday for the past four weeks, I have been doing the Brisbane Mother's Day Classic course as a training run. Some days are slower than other and some days I walk a little bit, but it's a wonderful start to a Sunday. Sure, it's hard to get up at 5:30am for a 6am start but it really does give me energy for the whole day. My running buddies are Julie, Bronwyn, Alex and sometimes Mike joins me too.

Brisbane Mother's Day Classic Course 2011
In addition to this, every Monday evening for the past three weeks, Tymara and I have been doing a training run in New Farm, which is about 3km. Recently we have also been joined by Carly and Louise. It's so wonderful to do something together that you know is contributing to something even greater.

I'm really looking forward to the 'big day' now: 8th May 2011. Please sponsor me if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment